Mindful of Race: Transforming Racism from the Inside Out
Mindful of Race: Transforming Racism from the Inside Out - Paperback is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
With Mindful of Race, Ruth King offers:
Tend first to our suffering, listen to what it is trying to teach us, and direct its energies most effectively for change.
Here, she invites us to explore:
Ourselves as racial beings, the dynamics of oppression, and our role in racism
• The power of paying homage to our most turbulent emotions, and perceiving the wisdom they hold
• Key mindfulness tools to understand and engage with racial tension
• Identifying our "soft spots" of fear and vulnerability—how we defend them and how to heal them
• Embracing discomfort, which is a core competency for transformation
• How our thoughts and emotions "rigidify" our sense of self—and how to return to the natural flow of who we are
• Body, breath, and relaxation practices to befriend and direct our inner resources
• Identifying our most sensitive "activation points" and tending to them with caring awareness
• "It’s not just your pain"—the generational constellations of racial rage and ignorance and how to work with them
• And many other compelling topics
Drawing on her expertise as a meditation teacher and diversity consultant, King helps readers of all backgrounds examine with fresh eyes the complexity of racial identity and the dynamics of oppression. She offers guided instructions on how to work with our own role in the story of race and shows us how to cultivate a culture of care to come to a place of greater clarity and compassion.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.